Thursday, February 19, 2009

Scrap - a - rama

So the thrifted wooden tray that I showed you a while back that was too big for my ottoman now sits on my dining room table. The end result is just too much wood on wood so I decided I need a table topper under it and inside it. This is a perfect project for scraps so out comes the BIG plastic bin.

My technique for dealing with the scrap bin is to dump it out. I am surprised by the variety of colour hiding in the bin this time around. More pastels than I usually collect. That's what comes of making baby quilts I suppose.

I guess I am a binge quilter. I go on basting binges, and cutting binges, and organizing scrap binges. Since I like to keep lots of strips and squares on hand periodically I go through the scrap bin and cut the scraps into useful pieces.

So that's how I spent my Saturday. Out of this cutting binge will come the little table toppers. Or not. We'll just have to see.

On Sunday I decided it was time to produce something, so I pulled the wallhanging with the rest of the fall panels out of the basted pile and got it quilted and bound. I just love these colours. I think this little piece came out really well. It's sized perfectly to go over the pantry doors in my kitchen. But now I have to wait 6 months to hang it!


No comments:

Post a Comment