Sunday, July 10, 2011

The rest of the Council show

Remember, I told you I didn't take a lot of pictures so we can finish up today. This one is an interesting log cabin-ish quilt I think. It makes me think of watermelon because of the colours I guess but not really. You can see just the edge of this one peeking out of the previous pic so here is the whole thing. Signature block pattern I think. Interesting colours. Probably the most modern quilt at the show. I have started reading lots of modern quilt blogs when I have time to read blogs, which, unfortunately has not been often lately and I think this one would fit in, especially with the kind of aqua.

More traditional with lots of stitchery. I worry about that poor sheep who swallowed a house... Interesting wool and stitchery. I don't think I have seen anything quite like it before.

I love this sunflower block. It is part of a great quilt but it certainly is my favourite block. I don't know that I have a favourite flower but sunflower would certainly be in the running.

Here is the entire thing. I love the dark background. Oh, and it has sunflower yellow sashing hasn't it?

I have this pattern. Actually it was a kit. I got it out one day and decided it looked like too much trouble and I didn't really have a place for it to go if I were to finish it so I used some of the fabrics for something else. My kit was Christmas red and green. Here are two interesting colour and fabric takes on the pattern. Incredibly different and different still from what my kit contained.


Obviously there are others in this pattern -- it was a group challenge. But I only took the pics of the ones I liked the best.


Here is another applique quilt. with my more favourite country prim colours. I love all the different baskets.

So there we go. Yes, I have been doing a bit on my own and I also have a lot of pics from the Boise show so plenty more to share, just need to get to it along with everything else that is going on.

1 comment:

  1. I like both flower quilts. I would have a hard time picking a favorite of the two though.

    ReplyDelete