Sunday, September 13, 2009

Two days in a row

now, can you believe it? Back with more Kuna show pics. I think this is the second to last batch, then you will be stuck with just my self. First up, look at this kitty quilt. This is absolutely amazing. The story indicated it was in honour of a departed kitty named Grace. I have a few close ups of some of the blocks, too. Here is Santa Kitty. We once had an orange marmalade cat named Kelsey. She was a very skittish kitty. We always described her behaviour as "pet me but don't touch me". Her mother adopted us when she was pregnant and we had 3 of the kitties for quite some time. Until they disappeared as kitties often do.


I like this ticking kitty, too. Our current kitty was actually my daughter's. She has been with us for years though. She is quite old and slow now. She is a tiny long haired white cat. Just walking in her vicinity in black guarantees you will be covered in white hair.


Here's a few more of the blocks.


Now this one is "something completely different". It's kind of hard to see in the picture but see the covered buttons? You can open and close flaps with loops in strategic places. 3-D plus interactive.


I took this picture because I liked the fussy cut cabins and geese. Or ducks. Not sure of my fowl identification right now. Since I live in the Pacific northwest there is usually at least one cabin or lodge type quilt at every show.


Here is one from Tenderberry. This one is in flannel. these fabrics and panels are always so cute. I have the one with Frankenstein and other Halloween characters. The blocks are nicely cut and awaiting the proper time to be assembled into a quilt. Actually I made one of those raggy flannel quilts from a Christmas Tenderberry a few years ago. I didn't really like it and I REALLY did not like the mess it made in my washing machine and dryer. I sold it to a co-worker who admired it. Now if it ever needs to be washed again she can play with all the strings and fuzzies!

Tonight we have a little bit of variety, don't we? This one is sweet. Remember when you were a kid and your mom wouldn't let you wear pink and red together? Well, at least my mom wouldn't let me. Nor wear white shoes before Decoration Day and after Labour Day. I think that now the fashion police have gone on a permanent vacation.

I like pink and green together, too. This one not only has that nice colour combination but it also has cool heart quilting.


See what I mean? Looks really nice I think. I like the use of the heavy dark thread, too.

Here is a cool Christmassy log cabin. I love the use of colour. I am definitely going to have to do this. I have lots of Christmas fabrics, many I bought years ago at JoAnn's. I never want to use them because they are just too cutesy. This would be a great way to use them up and disguise the cutesy.

Not sure I like the strippy border, though. That may be just a bit too much for me. But I really do love the concentric blue and green around the red star in the center.

Of course, now I have to start cutting my Christmas prints into strips. That seems to be all I am doing lately -- cutting. I don't seem to be able to decide what it is I want to make next. I have quite a few tops again that need to be pinned and quilted so maybe it is time for another pinning party. But then I have to move the semi finished fall centerpiece on my dining room table. I can't seem to get that finished either. I guess I am just in one of those funky periods when nothing seems do-able. Or finish-able. Oh, well.

Here is another thirties-ish quilt. I like how clear the colours are on this one.
My mother in law decorated in an Oriental style. This one made me think of her.
Here is a closer look. I think it is very effective with the circles. Looks like moons in a night sky.
Well, that's it for tonight. It is a school night after all. I will get the rest of the Kuna pictures posted in a few days. Best of intentions at least.




No comments:

Post a Comment