Sunday, December 13, 2009

A little break in the Christmas related posts

for some finishes. They are small since so much time lately has been devoted to Christmas preparations, but a finish is a finish, right?

The little snowman is a tree ornament. Because, I need more of them, right. The other two are finished as little pillows/bowl fillers, and obviously are one to two holidays behind! My other major news is my new toy. Yes, it a present and I already have it. I had been thinking about a serger for quite some time but was not willing to fork over a very large sum of money since I don't know how much I will use it. We found this one at a great price but I wanted to be sure about it before the return period ended so it had to be opened and used early.
And here is my first serged item. In case you can't tell, it is a wine bottle bag. Not exactly traditional wine bottle bag fabric but it won't hold a wine bottle at my house and I thought it was a fun use of this border print. I love these kinds of prints and buy them often but then have a hard time deciding what to do with them. If you cut them up too much the whole cuteness thing vanishes.
We have had several days of really cold weather and lots of snow for us. It really contributes to the Christmas mood and I have been spending way too much time looking at how everyone in blogland is decorating for Christmas. Time that shoulda or coulda been spent working on projects. Oh well, inspiration needs to come from somewhere and what better a place than other folks who like to do what I like to do!
Stay warm everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment