You would think I would have noticed something amiss before I had sewn all 11 of them together. But, no. So the decision was to rip them out or do something else. Little homespun pieces do not rip out well so these went in the trash and I decided on the something else. Next morning I did dig them out because that seemed so wasteful. Grrr. Anyway, the top did get finished and I like it a lot despite not liking so much of the fabric. I wonder what I would have chosen if this had not been a kit? Unanswerable.
We had done some thrifting not too long ago and I keep forgetting to take a picture of this bowl. It is so wonderfully retro that I had to have it. I haven't a clue what to do with it since I am not much for pastels, but it's now mine.
Back to quilting. Here is the center block with all the applique completed. And as it turns out I like the fact that the curve of the vine and the curve of the cat's tail go the same direction. So that turned out to be a good mistake. I am glad I left it alone.
And today I got the blocks sewn into place. All that is left now is the borders which are FULL of applique. When I cut this out many months ago I cut 4.5" borders instead of the called for 6.5". I have no idea why I did that and now need to decide whether to use them or find more black fabric and cut new ones. This quilt has had way too many decisions I think.
But I am liking it a lot. I don't think it needs the additional applique. Just some plain black to set off the stars would be sufficient. And that would keep it slightly smaller. It is a big one. I really have a dilemma about quilting it, too. My usual stipple does not seem right. Maybe some shadow quilting. Like I said, too many decisions on this one. I expect it will have to hang around for a while now until I feel like making some of those decisions!