Friday, January 9, 2009

Finding Hidden Treasures

So surely one of the rewards for organizing is finding things that weren't exactly lost, but off the radar. I was way too neat putting these cut quilts away and hiding them from myself. Just one problem with this one -- neatly organized and put away, but no indication of what pattern it is. I am sure I thought I would be getting to it right away. Hmmm.

I know exactly what pattern this one is. Not what I originally intended for this fabric but at least I put the book with it and even marked the page!

I did almost as well with this one too. The book wasn't with it but I included a note. This one was a kit I bought at a quilt show from my favourite out of town shop. I don't usually buy kits but the ones this shop puts together are always wonderful.
Look, another one with a note. I love the novelty RW&B print. One more quilt for the flag room.
And even one more. I saw this quilt at a local show a few years ago and my companion knew she had the magazine it was in and sent it to me.

Enough of the organizing. Time to get serious and turn on the machine.





2 comments:

  1. Getting organized can make you feel good, can't it? I'm a new quilter and surprised at how messy things can get.

    What I'm trying to do is put a photocopy of the entire pattern with my WIPs in case they get put on the back burner and then put the pattern book on my shelf so it can continue to inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok that is so funny - I do that all the time!!! Glad I'm not the only one lol! And I like your plastic box - I have some of them too!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comment - and you are right - previous owners DO leave things in weird places!

    ReplyDelete