Monday, January 12, 2009

One would be wrong

One would think that with all those quilts cut and ready to go that it would be easy to get started. One would be wrong. None of them seemed to be just right. But it had been a long time since I have done a Thimbleberries pattern and the nice big size of the blocks and the pieces finally moved this one to first place.

I mostly sew weekend mornings from about 4 or 5 (yes, I know. We get up early at our house) until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. In the winter at least. When the weather is good bike riding cuts into the quilting time a bit.

So despite being extremely easily distracted all day Saturday I got all 12 blocks finished this weekend.

I decided all the blocks would be the same except for the backgrounds. The pattern reverses the triangles and the bars in the blocks on half the blocks but since the fabric was originally planned for a different quilt I had to make some changes based on how much of that grey dot I had. I do alot of scrap quilts so it is nice to do something planned and orderly for a change.

Next time I'll show you some of the things that distracted me.

1 comment: