Sunday, January 18, 2009

Still Too Many Distractions

For some reason I don't seem to be able to settle on what I want to work on. Usually I am so anxious to get started on things I can't work fast enough. I thought maybe I would do a little kind of pastelly wallhanging using some old Mary Engelbreit fabric I had. So I dug through my pitifully small amount of light coloured fabrics -- mostly leftover from making things for my granddaughter -- and made these little 9 patches. Once they were made I didn't like them with the Mary fabric. So that's not the next project.


Then I thought I would start on a Buggy Barn quilt I had pulled fabric for a few weeks ago. So I made the trees but didn't feel like moving onto the houses.


Then I realized that for weeks I had been walking over a rolled up pin basted quilt from my last basting marathon. Making the sandwich and doing the pinning is the only part of quilting I am not too fond of so periodically I devote a whole weekend to sandwiching and pin as many quilt tops as I have pins for. And I have alot of pins!!!


Since I joined the One Project a Month Challenge I finally decided to quilt this quilt and get my first finish for 2009, But first I was confronted with all this "stuff" that somehow ended up all over my table.


So now it's time to do a little clean up. Be back soon.,



No comments:

Post a Comment