I usually sandwich and pin until I don't have enough pins for another quilt. Close enough, don't you think? I use a staple remover to close the pins. I still manage to prick a finger or two and bleed on at least one top. Here is my stack of ready to go quilts and wall hangings. Over the next few weeks I will try to concentrate on the quilting and not starting anything new. Yeah, right. What really happens is I quilt a couple then go back to working on a top that is started. Then in a sudden burst of something or other I quilt top after top until they are all finished. You can see on the top that I was going to have a new Halloween wall hanging this year. Oh, well, it will be ready for next year.
Ta da! This is my first finish for 2009. Since I joined the One Project a Month Challenge I decided I better finish something and this was left over from my last pinning marathon. It is from a Whimsicals pattern.
Then, realizing that the Super Bowl is fast approaching I pulled these fabrics from my stash and put this together. Our party hosts recently had a baby girl. The ballerina fabric is left over from a quilt I made for my granddaughter a couple of years ago. This pretty much uses it up.
So 2 finishes in January! Woo hoo!